Poland Central School District Capital Project 2020Background: The district is planning a large scale building project that was approved by the voters on May 16, 2017. In recent years the district has dedicated from $300,000 to $500,000 annually to address ongoing maintenance needs like roof repairs, paving, door replacements, etc. However, we are unable to meet all of the needs of our aging facility in this manner. The proposed project will address some large infrastructure needs, develop dedicated auditorium space, and make needed field improvements. Scroll down for additional information about the proposed project.Capital Project Updates:February/March 2019 Update: Great News! Our building project received Final State Education Department Approval in January. This was the last step in the lengthy approval process. Building permits have been issued and the project is ready to move forward.Bids were opened on March 12, reviewed by the Facilities Committee on March 14, and awarded by the Board of Education on March 21. A press releasing announcing the awarded bids can be viewed by clicking HERE.Groundbreaking is expected this Spring!September 2018 Update: On Sept. 27, 2018, the Board of Education met with District Administration & the Project Design Team to review the status of Capital Project 2020. The following timeline was discussed:
- Submittal (June 2018) - The design phase of the project was completed during the 2017-2018 school year and final plans and specifications for the project were submitted to the New York State Education Department (SED) in June of 2018 for review.
- SED Approval (Nov-Dec 2018) - The SED review process is a lengthy one and is required in order to obtain NYS Building Aid on the project. The architectural review portion was completed in September of 2018 and we are now waiting for the final mechanical review. Full SED approval is expected in November or December of 2018.
- Groundbreaking (Spring 2019) - Once full approval is received the project will go out to bid with groundbreaking expected in the Spring of 2019.
- Construction Phase (2019-2020) - The 2019-2020 school year will be an exciting but very busy year as the various components of the project come together.
- Substantial Completion (Fall 2020) - Final Completion is expected in the Fall of 2020.
If you have any questions about Capital Project 2020 or would like to request access to different formats of the files below, please feel free to contact the District Office at 315-826-0203.
Capital Project 2020 Special Edition Newsletter:
To download an eight-page newsletter on the proposed capital project, click here.Note: These are Conceptual Designs and Subject to Change.
Floorplan of Proposed
Additions and Alterations
Aerial View of Proposed
Additions and Alterations
Project overview document:
Scope of WorkResource Materials From Previous Meetings:
- Slide Show - February 1, 2017
- Slide Show - February 8, 2017
- Scope of Work Draft #3, February, 8, 2017
- Presentation Board #1 - February 9, 2017
- Presentation Board #2 - February 9, 2017
- Presentation Board #3 - February 9, 2017
- Slide Show - February 15, 2017
- Updated Scope of Work - March 1, 2017
- Estimated Debt Service and Tax Impact - March 9, 2017
- Capital Project Public Meeting - April 12, 2017