Poland Central School District Reopening Updates
American Rescue Plan-ESSER Plan
Presentation For Parents/Guardians On Reopening
Please click on the image above to view the presentation.
For information on the New York State COVID-19 Report Card for schools, click here.
To view a New York State Department of Health PreK to Grade 12 COVID-19 Toolkit for students, parents and staff, click here. Regulations continue to evolve. If you have any questions specific to Poland, please call the District Office or Nurse's Office.
On July 31, the Poland Central School District submitted to New York state its plan on how it would reopen school in September. Poland’s complete reopening plan can be found below. Please use the links below to view the contents of this plan.
- Cover Letter and Introduction
- Content Outline
- Health & Safety
- Child Nutrition
- Social Emotional
- School Schedules
- Attendance and Chronic Absenteeism
- Technology & Connectivity
- Teaching & Learning
- Special Education
- Bilingual Education
- Prekindergarten will start on Sept. 8.
- Student arrival and dismissal information announced.
- Bus route times now available.
- NYSPHSAA: remote learners are eligible to play school athletics
- Recordings of reopening meetings available online
- Superintendent Laura Dutton shares details about reopening meetings
- District to hold parent/guardians reopening meetings Aug. 12-13
- Governor announces schools can re-open for in person learning
- School reopening plan submitted to state
- Reopening plans will be submitted to the state July 31
- NYSPHSAA delays fall sports, cancels championships
On Friday, August 7, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced that schools in New York State would reopen by region based on the following criteria:
- Open: Schools can open in a region in phase 4 where there is an infection rate at or below 5% (14-day average)
- Close: Schools will close if the regional infection rate rises above 9% (7-day average)
New York State Education Department
On Thursday, July 16, the New York State Education Department released guidance to help schools and school districts as they plan to reopen, whether that occurs in person, remotely, or in a combination of the two. Read the guidance document.