PSA Summer Reading video by Dav Pilkey, here!Take a minute to watch this youtube video called
Between the Lions: Song - "Read a Book Today".
Every summer the public libraries put on a Summer Reading Program. Call Mrs. Johnson at the public library, 826-3112, for more information.
Check out all the new puzzles, games, reading suggestions, resources and more at here at the New York State Summer Reading's website.
- Barnes and Noble, Summer Reading Triathlon, click here, is when you to read 8 books over the summer. After completing their form you can return it and use the coupon for a FREE book.
- Scholastic wants you to join them online (after you get parent permission), for the Scholastic Summer Challenge. Go here and then click on the Scholastic Summer Challenge icon (student, educator or parent) to learn more.
- Bookadventure - Summer Reading Lists - a pdf file
- The Bookhive
- Education World: Summer Reading Lists
- Hornbook: Children's Classics, a booklist for parents
- 88 Great Reads
- Find a Book - Lexile - search the Lexile database by your reading level and make your own booklists!
- Reading is Fundamental: Book Search
- Reading Rockets: 75 Authors/Illustrators Everyone Should Know
- Summertime Favorites -classic children's literature for grades K-12 presented by the National Endowment for the Humanities
- Librarians Recommend Books for Boys
- 101 Books That Hook Kids on Readin
Summer Reading Adventure! Tips for Parents of Young Readers
Several brochures intended for parents that give tips for finding books and magazines,
encouraging reading, and ways to use summer activities to foster reading during the summer months.
These can be downloaded free from the International Reading Association
Reading Rockets: Launching Young Readers
A companion web site for the PBS 5 part series on helping young children acquire the skills they need to learn to read.
Johns Hopkins University School of Education Center for Summer learning site.
Stories/Books (with sound)
· Storyline Online (Celebrities reading stories)
· KIZCLUB-Learning Resources for Kids (See levels to the left)
· Starfall (Several Stories)
· Interactive Story Books online (Woodlands Schools: Scroll Down)
· Storybird (Has stories made by children and you can create some as well)
Stories/Books (no sound sound)
We Give Books (includes non-fiction as well as fiction)
· Podiobooks.com (Audio Books Online)
· StoryBee - professional storytellers spin their wonderful tales