A local board of education is an agency of New York State governed by NYS law and the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education. The Poland Central School District Board of Education has the power to develop policies, rules and regulations for the operation of our school system. Seven residents serve, without pay, on the board.
Board members may be contacted as a group using the contact form at the left.
Are You Interested in Board Service? Please review some of the resources at the left.
Qualifications for Becoming a School Board Member:
• Must be a qualified voter of the district, a citizen of the United States and be at least 18 years of age or older.
• Must be and have been, a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
• May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
• May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
• May not be a current employee of the school board.
• May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.