Welcome to the Health Webpage !!!!Today, the term Health no longer means just absence of illness. Instead, Health refers to the overall well-being of your body, your mind, and your relationships with other people.Vision: That all students will value and recognize healthy behaviors, and apply theory to practice theses behaviors now and in their future years.
- all students are safe, healthy and academically successful
- all students achieve or exceed the NYS and National Learning Standards for Health
How do we get there ?
Please contact me with any concerns, phone 826 -0222 and leave a message. Best times are 7:30 - 7:55Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgThe homework page is updated along with any quizzes or upcoming exams. You will need to know what period and section they have Health.
- Standards -Based: All teaching and learning is focused on student achievement of learning standards ( both National and NYS )
- Skills - Driven: Students need to learn, practice and apply skills successfully to enhance and maintain personal health and safety
- Learner - Centered: Students need to be at the center of learning
- Strength - Based: Health education is most effective when it takes a positive approach , building on existing strengths and skills
- Authentic: Needs to provide real life learning experiences and personal applications of health knowledge and skills in relevant situations