Click here to contact Mr. Harlander Click here for Guardian Summaries Click here for Syllabi also see "Open House"Welcome to Mr. Harlander's classes.
For Syllabus information, click on a course on the left-hand side. Students may enter their courses via Google Classroom.
Mr. M. Harlander, MA. Ed
- BS Technology Education - State University of New York at Oswego - 2001
- MA Educational Curriculum and Technology - University of Phoenix - 2004
CLASS SUPPLIES - Since all classes use Google Classroom for Technology Classes at Poland CSD, the supply list for all classes is as follows:
- 2001 - Red Creek High School - Student Teaching
- 2001 - Oswego Middle School - Student Teaching
- 1/2002 - 6/2002 - Corning Free Academy
- 9/2002 - Present - Poland Central School
- Pens and Pencils
- Brick Erasers
- Ruler (Imperial and Metric)
- Bottle of White Glue
- Colored Pencils
Classroom is designed to help teachers create and collect assignments digitally, including time-saving features like the ability to automatically make a copy of a Google Document for each student. It also creates Google Drive folders for each assignment and for each student to help keep everyone organized. Tests and quizzes can also be given through Google Forms with automatic scoring, providing students with instant feedback.
Students can keep track of what’s due on the Classwork page and begin working with just a click. Teachers can quickly see who has or hasn't completed the work, and provide direct, real-time feedback and grades right in Google Classroom. Parents have access to a new feature called Guardian Summaries for further communication between the classroom and home.To access Google Classroom from this page, click on the following icon wherever it is seen on this site:Technology Education combines the knowledge and skills of Math, Science, Engineering, ELA, and History to create a unique learning experience where students solve real-world problems.We believe that Technology Education is:
New York State Technology Education Association
- A critical discipline in the delivery of technological literacy, which encourages the use of appropriate technology, develops the ability to solve problems, and creates lifelong learners with 21st century skills.
- A systems-based approach to utilizing mathematics, science, and technology principles to extend human capabilities.
- Essential to STEM education through collaboration with physical and life sciences, engineering principles, and mathematics to ensure that emerging science and technologies are integral to education.
- A body of knowledge delivered by highly qualified teachers who can work collaboratively with other disciplines in education as well as with business and industry.
- A course of study that excites students at all levels to learn about the human-made world and their roles in that world.
- An essential part of general education for ALL students appropriate for all levels, exhibiting authentic inquiry into general technological information for all learning abilities, stressing both career and post-secondary education options to diverse populations, providing relevance and rigor to learning, and enabling interconnectedness of thought, thus closing the achievement gap.
- A disciplined intellectual experience that stresses the comprehension of technology and its associated impacts on and demands for a technologically literate society.
- Concrete experiences supporting abstract ideas and concepts to increase not only technological knowledge but also skills and attitudes, creative thinking, and character development.
- Recognition of technological development as a driving force to ensure:
- The United States' leadership in technology development,
- United States citizens will live in a world civilization that understands, assesses, and manages technological systems and devices, and
- The United States can participate, compete, and contribute to the global economy.