Welcome to the Social Work page!My name is Ms. Schneider. I am the social worker for grades Pre-K through 12th.Some of the roles that I will be assisting students with:
- Counseling services for those who have this provided on an IEP/504 plan
- Counseling services for those that are struggling with behavioral or emotional health
- Group counseling: The focus of these groups will change as the needs of the students change. Some possible groups may be social skills, coping skills, trauma or grief , appropriate internet behaviors, etc.
- Helping with our school-wide Olweus bullying program
- Behavior assessments and plans
- Child study teams
- Making referrals to outside agencies for additional services (Kids Oneida/Herkimer, Food Stamps, housing, etc)
- Special Education meetings
- Collaboration with teachers, support staff, administration to ensure student success
I am very excited to be a part of the Poland school district and am looking forward to the opportunity to work with your children, your family and their educational support staff!My contact information is:Phone: (315) 826-0219Email: email@example.comHours: Monday-Friday during school hoursOffice: I am located near the Walker Auditorium, just beyond the Health classroom.