Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Paid Family Leave Information
In response to the outbreak of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in New York State, legislation was passed to allow worker job protection and financial compensation in the event an employee, or the employee's minor dependent child, became subject to a mandatory or precautionary order of quarantine or isolation issued by the state of New York, the Department of Health, local board of health, or any government entity duly authorized to issue such order due to COVID-19. The topics below address most questions and are the best resource for changing guidance.
Schools, as public employers, must provide an employee with at least 14 days of paid sick leave for a COVID-10 related quarantine, which should cover the length of time for a mandatory or precautionary order of quarantine or isolation.
- New Paid Leave for COVID-19
- Paid Family Leave for Family Care
- If Your Minor Dependent Child Is Quarantined
- If You Are Quarantined Yourself
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) Employee Rights (FFCRA provisions expired on January 1, 2021)